When judging the Best Environmental Stand, judges will determine the stand holder’s commitment to the environment through the:
- Waste avoidance - Are all materials, handouts and décor features important and necessary?
Any additional electronic measures used to avoid waste paper?
- Energy efficiency - Have energy efficient products been used eg. LED / LCD screens, lighting, computer sleep functions
- Environmental quality - Have materials with a good eco-rating been selected eg. FSC accredited recycled paper etc.
- Low impact travel – Were any measures taken to reduce the travel impact of the stand organisers eg. Flight avoidance / offset, public transport etc.
- Communication – How clear is the environmental message at the stand?
Judges may also request to view environmental initiatives taken by stand holders which may include carbon offsetting of air travel, waste disposal and the company’s environmental policy.
Best Environmental Stand nomination form